The Board of Granville Township Trustees have chosen Local Waste Services, LTD to be the Township’s Sole Trash Hauler effective April 1, 2015. This will end the Township’s second 3 years contract with Big-O Refuse which was recently acquired by Waste Management. Local Waste Services came highly recommended by several communities within the Greater Columbus area.
What is changing:
- Local Waste Services will be the Township Sole Trash Hauler provider effective 4/1/2014.
- Trash Pickup day will move from Thursday’s to Monday’s.
- Local Waste Services will deliver new trash containers and recycling containers to residents who request them. Local Waste Services provides both a 95 gallon cart and 65 gallon cart for recycling at no additional charge.
- New Pricing:
Refuse Garbage Trash and Year Waste:
- Monthly unit cost for each residential household: $12.95
- Senior Citizen: $11.95
- Monthly unit cost for each residential household: $4.00
- Senior Citizen: $3.50
Monthly unit cost for wheeled cart (95 gallon minimum): included in the above prices until their contract ends, then rebid their contract as needed.
Trustee Mason is taking the lead with Local Waste Services to plan a smooth transition. Please watch for more information in your local papers, mailing and email notices.
The Trustees understand there will be some issues, but are dedicated to resolving them as quickly as possible.
We thank you for your support during this transition.
Fiscal Officer Jerry Miller